Garmin gps

Xxx

I'm thinking of purchasing a Garmin Echo maps 50's, was wondering if anyone on here has this model or knows Garmin. One thing they don't go into great detail is their mapping choices, do the come preloaded with eastern Ontario or are there chips you can purchase from Garmin, or are others compatible. System is sweet and certainly won't crush the bank, I was really impresses with the clarity and smoothness of the chart, of course in sim. mode. only draw back was the person on the phone couldn't answer my question about the maps for eastern Ontario, would like to know is they have the depth contours also. Thanks for any input PAP 

I ran a 70s unit on our small boat this season the 50 is the same thing downsized without touch screen . Garmin has the Bluechart which has great lake Ontario contours and features at Approx  $150 and the vision card at $300 plus has 3D perspective etc . I have both but prefer the Bluechart it's all you need in the 50s . The gps has good draw times and options . The fish finder is kick ass for sure nice unit . We run a 4210 and 4212 on our big boat I I can honestly say the 70s doesn't give up much to those pricey units . Try the Bluechart I am sure you will be impressed. Hope this helps at that price point for the 50 you can't go wrong . My two cents .

I ran a 70s unit on our small boat this season the 50 is the same thing downsized without touch screen . Garmin has the Bluechart which has great lake Ontario contours and features at Approx  $150 and the vision card at $300 plus has 3D perspective etc . I have both but prefer the Bluechart it's all you need in the 50s . The gps has good draw times and options . The fish finder is kick ass for sure nice unit . We run a 4210 and 4212 on our big boat I I can honestly say the 70s doesn't give up much to those pricey units . Try the Bluechart I am sure you will be impressed. Hope this helps at that price point for the 50 you can't go wrong . My two cents .

Thanks bigblue, as long as I can get a chart for eastern lake Ontario, I'm sold thanks

I have a 1st gen bluechart in my Garmin 172C.  Great maps, The card I have covers all of Lake Ontario to the St Lawrence and the Eastern Basin of Lake Erie to Long Point.  I'm sure they must have that same card in the current generation.

Tim

I have a 1st gen bluechart in my Garmin 172C.  Great maps, The card I have covers all of Lake Ontario to the St Lawrence and the Eastern Basin of Lake Erie to Long Point.  I'm sure they must have that same card in the current generation.

Tim

Thanks Tim, you are the one that turned me on to Garmin and they have some sweet gps. and sounders the one I looking at is a kick ass finder also, 4000 watts of power and 500 rms, 77/200 they claim capable up to 1900ft with picture perfect bottom results, although only 5 inch screen, I don't need a tv set on the dash anyway. I have a humming bird 727 at the helm now, might move that to rear for the guys running the riggers and put the Garmin at the helm. my riggers are electric but don't auto adjust so the 727 will help keep the riggers where they will do best in or above the fish, for some reason I've had the best luck running 5-10ft above the fish. I used to try to run the riggers through the fish and the slider always did the damage, so I pulled the riggers up 5ft and game on, slider did the steelies and brown then instead of the salmon, now we're catching 2 different species of fish on one pole, mostly never 2 on at once, other rigger has salmon and slider on other rigger has steelie or brown, and once in a while a white fish? Thanks again Tim.