Seneca Lake (north end) couple things....

I had occasion to be in Geneva today so I figured I'd take a look at the lake while there so I first took a look near the chamber of commerce construction site and saw only one small boat (about 12ft with two guys in it at about 20-25ft of water out in the wind (see pic #1). I was thinking to myself  "man...it is pretty rough and windy to be out in that boat today".....so I then went down to the State Park to see about the status of the new launch ramp (see pics #2-4). After that I continued on untiI I was looking west toward the guys in the little boat while I watched the roughly 40 ft long Hobart and William Smith research vessel coming back in....here's what I saw......(pic#5) Those were some crazy perch fishermen anchored up there...even for Seneca :lol:

post-145411-0-53382800-1382643677_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-40578500-1382643701_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-02967700-1382643716_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-63593700-1382643734_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-75060200-1382643759_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

I forgot to mention.....they extended the concrete further into the water and beveled the edge where it meets the bottom  (instead of the 3 ft plus"drop off" that caught some axels in the past during low water (including mine) Les

Hi Frank,

As Bob mentioned the ramp is located at the Seneca Lake State Park about a mile or so east of Geneva (toward Waterloo on Routes #5 and 20). There is  park entrance right out onto that road (you can see the toll gate shack from it). Just follow the road in the park toward the pavillion area and the ramp and parking will be on your left. I'm not sure what the parking setup will look like at this point...we used to park on the lawn.

P.S. I used to live at the Holley Arms apartments when I went to Brockport Frank...and I operated the Brockport Main Street bridge for a couple years and also occasionally the Holley/Hulberton bridges :)

Edited by Sk8man