grew 15.5 ft good for lake ontario salmon/trout fishing?

adnanfarooq1977

Tri hull bangs the waves/wakes like a snow plow. Been there done that, I would advise stay away. Go with a vee hull. & something a bit longer/larger for lake O.   jmho.

Absolutely feel the same as lineman49, they are stable when still fishing and on calm days, which aren't to common on lakeO. The tri-hull will beat you to death if you have to make a long run in 2-3 footers. You will have to pick and choose your days with that's size boat especially with an open bow. LakeO is a V bottom boat, and if your like me, I don't live close to the lake so many times I came up to camp to go fishing and just couldn't go due to rough waters. You can look for bays to fish depending on the wind direction, but that's not always what I wanted to do. I had 18fters and they were on the small side, finally sold both my 18fters and bought a 22ft cuddy and there are days when that's iffy but I feel much safer in that boat it handles the waves well.

Agreeing with Longline. This boat is too small for offshore fishing. Only application I can imagine would be shoreline fishing for spring browns. It might also work in fall when shoreline fishing for salmon. SHORELINE FISHING is the key application. There might be a rare time when you can get offshore when the water is flat (uncommon); an 18 ft'er with 4 guys had to be rescued and boat towed last spring or early summer when it filled with water near the Red Can.

Thank guys for your reply to my post and I really appreciate your honest advice I currently have saturn SK470 15' inflatable boat have df5 from suzuki I usually go to lake ontario launch from port credit as I live near and do salmon & trout fishing calm day I had fished st least 3 miles from shore in that boat I mean trolling never got lucky so I decided to look for a boat

Now grew is out of question

Can you guys tell me about legand prosport 16 sc I m not going to fish like in blue zone in lake ontario but I have been every year with professional salmon charter as I see he usually take us from Hamilton to bronte Oakville in biat trolling approximately 2 miles from shore and catch all the big fish

Any comments?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app