Otisco Ice?

315angler

Hey anyone know about the ice situation on Otisco?  I had heard it was locked up at the dam.   Since it is going to be so nice Saturday I was thinking about doing some shore casting down by the causeway, anyone know about the ice?  Would like to save myself a trip if I won't be able to access.  Thanks!

I almost drove up myself yesterday...went to the susquehanna instead and caught 1 big sucker in the flood stage chocolate milk! Somebody should go get 1 last eye while we have this thaw!<br />

Justin<br />

<br />

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app<br />

<br />

I have to say im good on eyes in in the freezer! Sk8man if you get down my way I can give you some! In fact walleye is on the menu for our Christmas Eve dinner. I have a venison loin stuffed with spinach, gorgonzola, mushrooms, bacon, dried cherries, and walnuts. Walleye filets stuffed with shrimp we cast netted in sc, with a cream sauce. Bbq bacon wrapped shrimp and walleye appetizers. Main course 15 pounds of angus prime rib! Merry christmas everyone! Be safe<br />

<br />

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app<br />

<br />

I should have taken pics! It was awesome. The prime rib smoked for 6 hrs, and venison a bit over 2hrs...the only thing that we had no leftovers from was WALLEYE! Family was all thrilled to be taking packages of filets home. To all those that say big bucks dont taste good, and big walleyes are no good....YOU ARE WRONG! Put the effort into preparing it that you put into harvesting it and you'll be surprised how good mature walleyes and whitetails eat. Here is some leftover pics.<br />

Justin<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app<br />

<br />

post-151276-13879852249324_thumb.jpg

post-151276-13879852881724_thumb.jpg