ATTN: Henderson Harbor Boats... Snowshoe Bay Bridge Clearance?

Hello All,

I'm curious to know if any other Henderson Harbor folks know what the bridge clearance is at Snowshoe Bay between the Mainland and that Association Island RV Park? Will a '90 Penn Yan 245 Contender fit under comfortably? Or will it be seasonal low water passage only? Any info would be appreciated.

Am putting a rocket launcher and spotlight on top and want to know what type of clearance there will be. Or do you guys swing around the RV park entirely?

Thanks for the heads up!

post-151421-13883539084132_thumb.jpg

post-151421-1388354155014_thumb.jpg

Hey buddy, congrats on the new vessel. I go out of Henderson a lot and with my smaller 18fter I can make it, but with my 22fter I don't take any chances and I go around the islands, the channel to the bridge gets narrow and shallow. I've seen big boats nav. through there but all the charters run around the top side of the island. The time it takes to crawl through the channel you can sail around and still make better time, with lots of depth, worry free boating!!    I doubt with rockets you will fit under the bridge!!

Yea, lime barrel shoals is there but one time through with the gps. and you will have no problems, after I get up into Henderson towards the islands I run 18-20mph all the way. Take your time the first time and then it's no problem.

Oh yea - went through there probably 100 times this year but just wasn't familiar with that bridge and it's clearance. Even having routes on GPS that shoal freaks me out. Haha it gets shallow fast on that finger from that small island just east of the lighted Buoy.

There is about 9 ft. of clearance, maybe a little more, under the bridge most of the time. I have a 21 ft. Striper with a hardtop and never even came close to hitting. You do have to lower your antenna and net. It is recommended that you go slow through the bay as a courtesy. It does save time instead of going around the island.

It's pretty shallow so be careful if you decide to use it. We fit a 21 footer thru there with a 6' tall bimini with lots of room to spare.<br />

<br />

Sent from my thinking chair...<br />

<br />

Devin,

I used to go under there with the Thompson when we were docked up there. Put the antenna down, and all your rods out of the rocket launcher and you should be good to go. Have not been up there in a few years, but used go through bridge to the lake and would ver to the left as we went out. You will see the gravel bar at the end of the west wall. Good Luck with the new ride!!

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app