"Boats Unlimited" and Minn Kota?

hermit

Howdy folks, I've got a problem with my Minn-Kota- last fall it froze up on me. The motor must've gotten wet or something, it was grinding and finally stopped turning. Anyway, the closest Minn-Kota dealer is in Utica- "Boats Unlimited".

However I remember some pretty bad horror stories about this place involving the MK service!! Does anyone have any experience with them? Should I call MK back and find another dealer or send it to them direct? Any thoughts on this store would be great... as of right now I don't want to take my motor there. Thanks a bunch-

Alec

Personally I'd ship it back to MinnKota. With the price of gas today, it doesn't make much sense to make 2 trips, dropping a motor off and then picking it up. Is the motor under warranty, and what model do you have? I've got some older MinnKota parts.

Thanks guys, I'll probably just send it in then. It is under warantee but a cheaper model (< $200) so I don't want to waste too much money on it.

I have one trip planned near Utica already so dropping it off wouldn't have been a problem... but picking it up would... and what with that story and the gas I'll just mail it. If the S&H is too much I just may get a new one altogether.