The end is near

Kevin J Legg

Checked out Kring's Point this afternoon and there was one guy on the ice. Lots of open spots along the shore and some bigger spots in the gaps. The next time I fish there it will be from a boat. I then check Chippewa Bay and it looked much better. You still need to watch near shore but I'm going to fish it tomorrow. Lots of jam ice moving down the river and with warmer weather and rain in the forecast the ice fshing is nearing an end.

I fished Chipepwa and only got a few. Seems to still be spotty but still lots of ice.I  got my Lund ready to roll for Lake Ontario browns and my Gheenoe ready to slide in at Kring's. Unfortunately my sister-in -law passed away last night so I won't be getting a boat in this weekend. I may try Chippewa again tomorrow. There is still a couple feet of good ice there but shorelines are starting to deterioratein some spots. .

Edited by Kevin J Legg

John, 

Still lots of ice at Chippewa. I fished there this morning for about an hour and didn't catch much at all. Decided to quit and get some things done at home. Kring's is pretty bad and staring to open at the gaps so next time I try it will probably be by boat. I'd be hitting the Lake for browns this weekend if I wasn't going to the funeral. Hopefully next week!

Edited by Kevin J Legg

Sorry to here about your sister-in-law Kevin.I was hoping to take small lund out this weekend also or maybe go check to see if any of the creeks have opened up to get some crappies, still probably alot of ice. I am wondering about the walleyes at Rossie if they have started to move up in there yet i got to believe it will be awhile yet.