pa. boat

Run it home with the Pa plates and mail them back to the seller. He should have it insured first though before he moves it. As a seller I would want proof so liability does fall on seller just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The boat I bought was only on Oneida but the guy who owned it lived in New Jersey, so the trailer and boat was registered in Jersey and had to go get it (saw it in New York) so his plates and Ins. covered me to PA. and he had to be in person at the Notary public, because of out of state sales, when finished I put my plates on and gave his plate back. that's the way it works in PA. anyways, sounds like the post above. Good luck on your purchase!!

I sold my river boat to my better half's nephew , gave him a bill of sale for boat and trailer ..... sign over titles  ..... he went to DMV or what ever it is in N.Y. and when he came back down here to pick boat and trailer up he was good to go with all HIS plates....

Just did the same thing a month or so ago. Bought a boat in Virginia. The previous owner gave me his registration card and left the plate on the boat. When I got home I mailed the plate & registration card back to him. I had copies of the bills of sale with me and I insured the boat, motor & trailer for the ride home. Took bills of sale and titles to notary, got my new registrations and plate and was good to go.

Edited by Reel Scream