Okuma Coldwater Rods

I'm looking for a couple of new downrigger rods for salmon fishing. I like the Okuma Coldwater rods in 7' M/H paired with Convector 30's. These are pretty new and I was wondering if anyone has tried them out salmon fishing yet. There's not much feedback on the inter-web yet.  I like the fact that they are graphite and a smaller diameter than the GLT Pro's but want to know how well they work on salmon and how durable they are before I plop down $80 a rod. I did look at them at the LOTSA show in Niagara Falls and they seemed like a nice rod. Also any comments on the stainless steel guides they have would be appreciated as I always had ceramic guides on my rods.

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Poles293

They are a very new line of rods, Mike. I have found over the years rods used for riggers and divers hold up better with a higher percentage of glass. I would say if you like the feel and look of them and you are the primary user they may be fine, but if you have lots of guests fighting fish or rigging opt for the Classic Pro or Blue Diamond series.