Mexico Kings Anybody?

My brother-in-law and I are scheduled to come up the week of May 9-18th.  We missed the last couple years, the year before that we were up a week later and hit bluebird days, t-shirts.  A solid week of fishing early morning till supper.  Hooked 7, boated 5, kept 3.  Years before that we were up there the third week of May and slammed the browns and kings.

Anybody have any idea when the kings will be there?  We like trolling off the bluffs in 70-150 fow, and picking up kings on... well, spoons on planers have always been best.  Found that anything with pink in it worked best.  We play with the browns when we want to change things up.  They liked brown sticks in dirty water for the most part.  We also usually pick up a couple small bows (steelies?) as you make the bend from the plant to the bluffs in 20-25 fow, never anything that we kept though.  All too small.

I'm reading a lot of great brown reports... but nothing about the kings. I know its early for them, I just don't want to get up there before they make their appearance.  We're coming from CT.  Anybody got a clue?  I know everything has been a tad late this year, and I have the opportunity to move my booking forward a week or two.  I guess I'm looking for a crystal ball report.  

We'll be in the Lund Tyee 1950, two of us during the week, 4 on weekends when the kids come up.  If you see two guys trolling around throwing peanuts at each other, that's us not doing so too well with the fishies.  Thanks for the opinions.

Ditto on the crystal ball! But if you're looking for kings at that time of year you're looking on the wrong end of the lake. The best king fishing of the year will be in the western basin in mid to late May.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks, guys.  We're still coming the week of the May 9th.  Too many things to change in order to change the date.

We have nailed them that week before, we've been skunked that week before.

Good luck everybody.