canandaguia prospects

got a chance to get out tomarrow with the strong west wind Lake O is out normally i would run right to watkins but thinking of trying something different.  does anyone fish the south end of canadaguia this time of year?  are all the fish still in the tribs or is it worth it.  I searched old posts and there is not a lot from this time of year.  just curious trying to plan tomarrows trip.

If it were me I'd stick with the south end of Seneca as a game plan. Things seem very slow on Canandaigua right now....

i like that its sheltered down there and i'll be able to fish can always bring pike gear and hit up severen on the way back if its slow

You should hit Canandaigua, work the south end drop off into the shallows, keeping gear up high at first then maybe go deep if you have to.  There has got to be some stained water down there. Work through the stained into green water, just like you would on Lake O.  I used to keep my boat at Smith Boys in Woodville and never had to motor far to find fish.  One of the latest Keuka posts by ioiosoofftoworkigo said he was getting fish on wire divers set at 280'-300', the same can hold true on Canandaigua if you can't get them going on planer boards and long leads on shallow riggers.

so based on the web cam pics we decided to fish watkins well by the time I got there the wind had shifted and there was just no way we turned around and went to severen made one pass that was uncomfortable at best with no release so we switched out the gear and trolled the shorline for pike made one pass up and down caught a decent pickeral but that was it.  saw a huge school of nice perch but had nothing in the boat to target them with for any real effort.  I tried to talk to guys into going to naples to try there but after getting beat up by the waves I got out voated.  oh well maybe one more trip before the derby