SENECA DERBY DAILY REPORTS............

Congrats to all of those that were able to get out and fish this past weekend on Seneca and also honorable mention to those that were able to get up on the board, and that Brown, what a monster.  Incredible stories with the ( who woulda thought ) size of the fish this year.  Les, good to see you down at the lake, I cant agree with you more on the family traditions this derby has brought to many families including our family.

Our weekend story, started with one person being late, lol, trolled around the docks until he arrived, actually caught a nice lanlocked while we waited, then headed out to the deep to start the day off.   Banged a 11.25 right off the bat.  Headed in to weigh, what no power at the scales?? lol  Oh and I cant leave out the 13+lber  I lost at the net, damn hook got caught in the net, but some how I feel a lot better now than I did Sat.  Went from losing a potential 5K fish to now a possible 200.00.......    With a banner day on Saturday, put 4 fish up on the board.  Sunday was a different story, caught fish, but slow, everything seemed to be near bottom for us.  Did anyone notice the bottom depth change off of Belhurst? Use to be 125-145 now is 200ft????  thought my Elite 7 was going bad.  Going to see if I can contact a professor at Hobart to see if they noticed this change.

Monday, dissapointment at the start with all of the our fish getting knocked out of the divisions from the previous day, ( I said damn southenders,  lol)  our plan was go back to basics with going deep again.  Booom,  hit a nice fish in the same vincity we worked Saturday with a 12.6 laker, didnt want to wait long to bring it in for how close the boards were in the divisions.  How badly she wanted to claim  her division two years in a row, didnt happen this year, oh well theres next year.

Funny story, a good friend who calls me up on Saturday whos not having a good day with losing his net and a flasher rig on wire has his luck turned around on Monday after I reel up??? you guessed it, his rig, and yes by the way the small laker he said that was on it when he was bringing it in before he lost it, is swimming free to catch another day!

Some pics of the weekend with my youngest who incidently is the first mate and telling his uncles what to do and how to properly reel in the fish........... Hope to see you out on the water!

laker.bmp

Double.bmp

Bman.bmp