Until next year!

Well the derby has come and gone and look forward to it every year and will continue to do so for years to come I'm sure. Congrats to all some very very impressive fish brought to the scales. Well I fished with my good friend butch and we did what we wanted to do we fished the silvers and we caught them a lot of them weighed a 8.53 brown and a 5.34 salmon the first morning and unfortunately as I worked the scales from 1 to 3 I myself had to remove my name and butch's name from the board the bite was very good Saturday and all quality bites just not enough quality!!! Sunday got up with intentions of doing the same setup but this time had different results the area we fished had gone dry so searched a few minutes and hit a brown out over 300fow down 27 fishing the scum line had a few others of the same the morning dragged and by 10 I was tired of slow fishing and tired of debris so we decided to take a little break went in got a bite to eat and made some sandwiches for the afternoon even had a few cold ones! I told butch when we go back out it will be a whole new day fresh start clean slate, and I was right went out set up on the west side in 120fow and instantly started getting fish salmon and browns well fished for 2 hours before noticing the boat was not charging the battery at low idle so of course had to leave fish to take care of it! Well decided to call nick up and see if we could fish back with him from Sampson and got the typical get up here let's go response so we got dropped off at Sampson cooler and cold ones with us and made the trip back!! Caught fish at all stops we made got back to Watkins and fished for a hour and a half getting salmon rainbow and brown! So the bites still on!!! Monday morning went up the west side and just as before the fishing was steady once we found the "bait" had some real nice fish lots of laughs and good times! Finger lakes tackle knocked it out of the park for me this weekend except for the exception of one other setup I had in the water!!!post-147332-14011909965386_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14011910131157_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14011910251355_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! This shaping up to be the big fish year I think mike in the iron duke with his monster from keuka some monsters on for the derby and I have some pictures I will post of some real tank salmon now that things have come and gone leading up to the event got many browns over 10 and a lot of 9 to 10 pound salmon 2 over 10 in one day plus the biggest I have seen come into a net while fishing the lake