little salmon river 3/29

checked out my slip,Nick dropped one.went a little further up-stream i landed a brown arund 7 lbs,let him go.nice color,big hook jaw.blacktop in the parking lot at the launch mex. point.about a 2 ft pile of snow across the entry.1 week of mild weather and its open.

Definitely good news! I'm planning on pulling the cover next weekend and starting loading the gear back on the boat. Probably towing her up to the house towards the end of April or first weekend in May. I cannot wait to get on the water again.

• 2 weeks later...

this time of year 10 fow is a good place to start.you can catch them to the right or left untill the water warms and they move out.then left is better.watch for rocks when you are in close.i usually stay out in 15 to 20.not as many fish,but they run bigger and no boulders near the surface.don't get too shallow before dawn your first time out.i like 2.3 gps.some guys go faster,some slower.i start at2.3 and adjust if i need too.good luck,hope to see you out there,Boat name Last Chance-channell 78.

Last year the ramp closest to the lake had silted in pretty bad. The two ramps at the floating dock and the ramp farthest from the lake were fine. I have a 21' boat and that first ramp wasn't deep enough to get out on.