chaumont bay help please

fishinfreak

I want to take my dad up this weekend. He has never caught a walleye, and I myself have never caught one over 3 lbs. I would love to get in on some of this action while it lasts. I have a 17 foot boat all set up for trolling, down riggers, planner boards, lead core, and all sorts of tackle. I also have down speed and temp if that would help. I am a successful salmon and trout fisherman, but have never had much luck trolling for walleyes. I have never been up in that area and it is a long drive for me. Any help on what to us.... spoons, stick baits, divers, or harnesses would be great. Also how and where to fish them. I am not looking to slaughter just a weekend thing, and I'd be happy with one fish for the each of us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you.

Fishinfreak

I ran glass white rapala minnows and silver. In deep husky jerk 12 today and got 2 eyes that were 27 and 27-1/2 inches. Lost one at the boat that was pushing 10 pounds. Had to duck when the lure flew by my face. Got 5 pike between 5-7 pounds and one smallmouth about 4 pounds. Ended the day when I had to clear all lines for the monster. Musky not. 15# sheepshead. Post pics soon

I had a buddy catching them on anything from fire tiger to glass/ghost.  I generally always run deep divers over 20-30 fow set backs vary from 200'-100' it depends where the fish are in the water column.  Longer leads if they are closer to the bottom and shorter if they are higher. I have caught many fish this season on the ghost/glass color I also had some come on matzuo kinchuo perch, and blue silver

Blue / silver , black/ silver both with orange bellies off the boards 1oz snap weight 75/75 , worm harness on the cores 3 and 4 color run as corner rods. Target 12-15ft until suns hits the water then slide out

DO you do well on the harness and do you use live bait . Also how long are the stick baits . I also have a ton of spoons do you do anything on them .

Rattling rouge sticks 3 1/2, f-7 repala's, junior thunder sticks, green/ white cup , yellow- orange tag silver cup, 1/2 crawler or 3" swim bait run them as close to bottom as you can, bottom bouncers work well also but need a 5' floro. Leader off from bouncer