Bear Creek Brownie Madness 3/30/08

Mother nature gave us a break this am and we caught a nice day on the lake. Launched at 0700 and fished till 1:30. 8-14fow, 2.0-2.2 mph. Found a few pockets of 42 degree water and used spoons and stickbaits (no special colors) as the browns were taking everything. The total for the day was an awesome 28 for 33 browns.

We kept one fish for my little 6 week old boy. I can't wait till he is big enough to reel them all in. We also did our good deed for the day and towed in one boat due to engine failure. I felt sorry for the guy as eveytime he passed us he was hooked up with a fish as well. The highlights for the day were a quad hook up at one time and one fish with an 8 inch gobie in his mouth.

Crew

Capt. Eli T. "Stretch"

Chuck B. " My Obsession"

Capt. Mike B. "Mr Breeze"

DSCN8155.jpg

DSCN8157.jpg

DSCN8159.jpg

DSCN8161.jpg

DSCN8162.jpg

DSCN8163.jpg

DSCN8164.jpg

DSCN8167.jpg

DSCN8169.jpg

DSCN8171.jpg

DSCN8172.jpg

DSCN8173.jpg

DSCN8174.jpg

DSCN8176.jpg

DSCN8179.jpg

DSCN8180-1.jpg

DSCN8166.jpg

fishforEaston.jpg

Nice report, Wish I was there with you. lol I was ice fishing today. Just pulled my shanty off of 30inches plus of ice. I will be arranging my tackle box for a while. ha ha

I have a 14 foot aluminum, is there anyplace to launch in oswego harbor?

Turp,

Mike was on my boat an 18 starcraft which is my all season boat. The boat has been a great vessel and usally sees the water about 10 months out of the year between ice out and the lower river. We are going this weekend to run a water trial on his new boat a 26 Thompson on the Ohio river. :D

Thanks

Capt. Eli

Shark,

First off great day on the water you had!! I'm definately jealous! Awesome pic with your son!

A quick question for you. Is your planer rod mast homemade? If so could you show how you made the reels for the planer line, would be very greatful as I'm racking my brain trying to figure out a good way to make some. Thanks in advance, Tight Lines,

Steve

Steve,

Sorry, the planer mast was not homemade. It may look it but I had to weld a support on due to pulling triple ski boards at one time. I was also running allot of hardware like jet divers and weights for the walleye which put a good deal of strain on the mast.

I do use the inline boards and have had great success with them. I would consider that as an option as well if you need a quick fix. But if you have your heart set on a planner mast I am sure you can come up with a version that will work for your boat.

Best of luck!

Thank you for the comment about my son that first brown was for him.

Eli

Eli,

Thank you for the reply, and please don't think I mean't anything by my question in regards to your gear. I have a pole set up and I believe it will work but I wanted something to wind the line on but I guess for now I can wind it on a spool when I'm done with it. I have in-lines but thought they would be more of a hassle than running the board and just sliding the releases down the line. Thanks again for the info, much appreciated!

Steve