Took the tip from yesterday's posting about the marina upgrade. Enjoyed going out of there and was just as close as sodus is so looks like I may have a new launch site. Started in 150fow working out to 190. Seemed I went deeper than I should of divers fired at 110 and then a 5 color. Ran riggers at 50 and 75 but I think I was too deep. Ended with some nice steelies and kings. Green froggy, green Dw, orange veggie. If I could do over I would of ran stuff shallower maybe put the lead off the back with 2 or 3 colors out instead of 5 and 10 and headed out to 200-250. Still new to me on the lead but we're working it. Fished from 7 - 10:30. Didn't stay too long, more of a get the boat out and test from the new fuel system install I did this past week. Worked out good. No more boat projects.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I second Froggers report out of Hugh's. I was running mostly shallow stuff but had on a lot of green stuff. Went 7 for 9 including a nice 17 pound king on a green/silver spoon. I was surprised to do so well in the east wind.

Glad that the 6/7 post helped.

As I said, I'm impressed about the renovations. In the late 70's and early 80's I used to trailer and launch there from time to time. After a decade + gap when I returned there things looked pretty run down from what I remember, but that is radically changing.

As much as the Off Shore fishing has been good, back in the day this time of year we used to hammer the football browns in 30 to 40 FOW off the points on small spoons like Andy Reekers (anyone remember those?) Not sure if they are still there with the changing dynamics of things, but I'd like to try again some morning before heading off shore.