Seneca 6/9 evening

Couldn't wait to get on the water after work tonite. It was as calm as I have ever seen it. Launched out of the north end and hit the point in front of Geneva country club. I have been waiting to try those 60ft to 30 ft drops out in front of that point. I watched a boat troll up and down the inside channel In front of that point catching one after another it seemed like every pass they had one. Mean while, my second cast I felt a tug on the drop, then pressure so I set the hook. Felt really heavy, I held on and horsed it a little expecting a decent laker. Doesn't it get up to the surface and turn sideways and show me some dots. I grabbed the net made a scoop attempt as it tail walk right at me and broke off. I knew I was done for the night. It took me about an hour to calm down, knowing that I would stop from my plan of investigating the lake and stick in this area hoping for another. The fish finder teased me all night with some of the largest hooks I have ever seen, all mid way up the water column, no doubt more monster browns. I threw every lure I had at them. Had two bites at a small silver kastmaster, and one that tore off a soft plastic trailer on a diamond jig. Exciting and frustrating all in one night, I estimate that brown was between 12-15lbs. It was long and tall. 62.5 degrees on the east side while it was 60 on the west.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have one rigger but then I just troll in circles. :))))) luv the jiggin too much. I need to get that bassin out of my blood first. I figure the lakers are getting me closer though. But they are such a blast on a jig I'm not sure I'll be trolling anytime sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app