Third run out of Irondequoit

Well guys to say the least this has been a very interesting season so far.

I have tried to the west as far as Sandy and to the east to Gonna from 100-400 fow. I have had the whole.box out there and come up with a few teeners and a lot of skippers.Today however was the most eventful being one of my copper rigs came apart at the backing so lost everything, then the rain came through just as a wire rod fired of with a 10# laker. Then it was back to skippers. I don't know what to say or do anymore very confusing out there. Water temps were 63 on top to 44 down 55. I wish I had better to report but that's all I have for now.

If your looking for advice try fishing 10-20ft down over the depths you mentioned, it seems like that's where allot of guys have been having luck. I don't know, just my two cents.. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sea-4, I'm not sure you are looking for advice or not, but:

Fish are there as you can see from all the reports. In fact, it has been one of the best springs I can ever remember so let's see if we can help you:

1.) If you want some of the big boys, you need to fish deeper (See Yankee Troller's report), but it has been a smorgasboard in the top 40' for smaller fish and a mixed bag of all species.

2.) You have the depth figured out, but I'd spread out your presentation with some junk lines such as surface lines with a keel weight or split shot and add a few lead core lines off the boards

3.) Put some green spoons in there, put some red spoons up high and on cheaters, put out some glow spoons and some black stuff like a SSW.

4.) Change your speed - my best sog was between 2.4-3.1 mph with a Subtroll down speed between 2.0-2.4.

Welcome to the site,

Chris

Yah I have tried almost all but the surface lines and weight. Green is always my color with a mix of natural colors which honestly has been producing the best for me so far. I just have to put in more time, you see I have all new gear this year right down to the boat so dialing things in is just taking me a bit longer than usual. When I was out west at the begining of spring I couldn't go wrong with anything so I am sure I will narrow it down. Thank you for the info as I will try anything out here at this point.

We went out Sunday nite off I Bay and went 7 for 10 in 2 hrs. Top 40fow over 250fow seem to be the best. Mostly steelhead on 1oz split shot rigs off the boards pulling michigan stingers and pink challenger stick baits. Took a few on the down riggers set 30 and 40 down with black and orange NK28s also.