otter help

My old masts were 5' and about 6' of the water and it worked.  My new setup is 8' off the water and I like it better.  As far as rod holders goes you need at least enough distance from the mast to rods so the tow line doesnt hit them.  The greater the distance from rods to masts the longer the hook/pulley line will need to be to reach the tow line.  My tow point is 18 inches in front of the vertical tree and I can reach the tow line without a rope or hook and the tow line doesnt rub or touch my rods.  Im sure somebody will say this is wrong, but when I asked the same question last year I got zero so this is what I came up with after talking to Tony at Great Lakes Planers.  Ill post a pic from my phone...I dont have one on my pc.

Just set em in the water with the nose pointed out away from the boat a bit and slowly crank em out...nothing to it.  There is a post from a month and a half ago that mentions correct knot positioning for your otters, by yankee troller.  Use his setup....its better than the measurements given by big jon.