Big boards and divers problem

Ran this setup for first time and our releases alone wouldn't hold the true-trip 40's. Water was calm but the lines kept pulling free with no fish.

So we switched to rubber bands on the line, the rubber band was in the release pads --still wouldn't hold.

We finally attached the fishing line to the release clip with the rubber band (didn't use the pad but instead inside the curtain rod holder) but this made it a pain to change lures since the bands wouldn't break when yanking on them. (inside lines, which also wouldn't release, were in the way).

I think I need releases with more tension?

Q: What release type or what technique is best for attaching true-trip divers to big planer board line?

The large scotty and if needed one or two rubber bands works for me . pull 40 and 50 trip ease or jets and all my coppers sizes . But the bands won't release from the boat we let the fish do that.

Edited by bigblue

You might want to look into different rubber bands too. If you go to the Dollar Store or Big Lots in the department where they have all the girls hair accessories you'll find some little ones or Michael's in the craft section they have bright orange or fluorescent yellow and lime green ones that are about the right breaking strength...again small bands but they work.