Canandaigua 7/3

Left the dock at 5:30 on a spur of the moment trip. Trolled south from pelicans just past next point. Good screen with big arcs at the 25' range in 70 fow and lots of bait. First fish on the rigger parked at 22 with a black and white honeybee, nice brown who released himself about 20 behind boat. Next was a 2 lb rainbow on the 100 copper with FL chicken feed. Made the turn and headed north, went shallower to 50', more bait and less fish on screen, no takers. Switched over to a deeper setup with 300 Copper with a green/chart black dot R&R rocker, 225 dipsey with an innovator sd with a atomic green fly, and a rainbow colored honeybee on the rigger at 44' over 90'-110' fow just north of pelicans. Doubled up on the rigger with 4-5 lb laker and the 300' copper same size fish. From the to the dragon wall it was a steady pick of lakers. Turned and headed south again raised the rigger to 24' and picked up the biggest laker of the day at 9lb. Fished till 11 and called it quits. Beware of the googans!!

Sounds like a nice morning with constant action and a mix bag of species, always a plus!!! Nice report and have a great 4th.

WTG and nice report. All hell will break loose tomorrow out there with the jet skis etc. so I guess I'll have to wait until "amateur weekend" is over. The channel and launch at north end will be double the zoo it usually is. :lol:

Nice report. Thanks. Was thinking about hitting canandaigua as lake o is a bit rough but dont want to mess with the crowd at the launch. ðŸ˜

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app