Canandaigua 7/4

Had a buddy who wanted some fish for the smoker and another buddy who I like to call "3 rods" came along too.  Left the dock near Pelicans and headed north where I was having luck the previous day.  And as Lady Canandaigua always does, she changed and fish were gone and no bait where it was yesterday.  Great, now pressure is really on!  We slid out a little deeper about 90-110 fow, started making fish right on the bottom, so started bumping bottom with down riggers.  Just got north of Deep run and first fish hits the 225 dipsey with innovator sd and green atomic fly, then the 90' rigger fires with white/mtn dew sd and Seneca Ghost fly, then 300' copper with FL custom 42nd spoon and it was continuous action until 7:45, When buddy says hey what time is it, like 9:30, cause we already have 8 in box for the fish fry plus the 5 or 6 we lost.  Nope its 7:45! Got to dragon wall and turned towards pump house with a good screen.  dropped down an innovator paddle with filthy frankie fly at 65' and then that turned into the hot set.  Tried to get a bow on the 7'6 eagle claw rods on the shallow riggers for my buddies, threw a lot a different spoons at them but just couldnt get those fish in the top 40 to bite.  also ran a 5 color and 100' copper that never fired until we got back to Pelicans were we planned to stop, and then 100' cooper took off 3 lb bow, left  rod in the boat, then the 5 color took off with another 3 lb bow, left it in the boat , 24' rigger fires with small bow, finally, left it in the boat, then 65 rigger takes off with small laker.  No better way to quit then to have the fish help in pulling rods!!  I think if we would of stayed another hour we really could of beat up the bows.  Still tons of bait and fish in the 80-110 fow.  surface temp was 73 in the morning and 76 when we left at 10:30.  this might be the final trip on fingers as Lady O is asking me to find the Kings!!

Nice report and encouraging action out there :yes: .  My hunch is that those fish suspended may be smallies because last time out I tried them too and no takers.  I've caught quite  a few by accident in the past (rigs and downrigers) in the 40 to 50 ft or so range suspended over whatever.  I too am waiting for the action on Lake O to pick up but right now it doesn't seem like much is happening king-wise out there...

Edited by Sk8man