Dennis was kind enough to let me hitch a ride with him today. We launched at Wrights at 6:00. Set up shop in the 400 range and trolled out past 480 with a blank screen. We changed directions a few times then headed back shallower. We washed lures for two hours, changed colors around, played the up/down game with the lures and shook our heads at a totally blank screen. Finally he points to the screen and says we got something here.....i turn around just as the 135 corner rigger starts throbbing. After a nice fight, we slide the net under a 20 lbs ish mature on a black spin dr with green and glow tape/habanero attomik. We un-hook it, get a pic, release it and set the rigger back down. We troll a little more shallower. After quite a few minutes i'm lolly-gagging with something. He points to the center rigger and its popped. I grab the rod and I start reeling. The fish is being coy and I comment i think I have a laker or a brown. A few seconds later he peels some major drag. Takes a few more runs, goes into a wire diver and we net him on the side of the boat. This King is a few lbs lighter than the last but still a fun fish to play with. And definetly not the big money derby fish we're after. He took a mag moonshine RV happee meal. We turned around and trolled through the same area several times. With some heavy rain, thunder and a couple claps of lightning. Sky brightens and we rot for the rest of the morning. We throw the towel in at 12:30. NOAA was accurate with waves less than 1 ft. And the fleas weren't too bad.

Edited by BAZOOKAJOE