Winds

Shade

Best 0mph from any direction

Worst depends on where you are fishing. East end of lake anything from the west or northwest over 10-15mph. west end of lake anything over 10-15 mph from the northeast. Also depends on the size of your boat and your tolerance for getting beatin up. I fish the west end of the lake now its a longer drive however there are less blow off days.

Canadian Hi pressure system allows for light and variable winds. This is usually associated with a dry air mass that makes for some ideal situations. The leading edge of this however can bring with it sustained winds( over 20 knots) from the NW that can in turn shove the thermocline to great depths once it is set up. Winds for the NE can turn the lake over shoving cold waters into shore and some of the warmer waters out into the middle of the lake- Usually when this happens, and the fog sets up off the creek mouths, many will venture out and try and locate surface temps at app. 56 degrees. Worse case-tropical depression of course. Next on shore winds from the N- greater than 20 knots. Ideal as described but I don't like to see it flat either. Light and variable 5-10.

I was planning on going out Saturday and Sunday in Olcott. The weather calls for Winds on Saturday to be NNE at 9mph. Sunday rain. Is Saturday good, bad?

Thanks for the help.

For the west end of the lake, anything out of the north east makes for bad condidtions. That being said- the 5 best days I have ever had on the lake were during 3-5 foot rollers from the north east. For some reason- it makes the fish VERY hungry!!!!!!

howie you should be fine 10 mph winds with you boat will be ok

north east wind is good to fish the 1st day the fish go on a feeding frenzy before the bait gets scattered. ive done real good with north east winds on the 1st day and the 2nd day not as good.