Seneca - Lodi Point

We opened up the trailer out of Sun-Set-On-Seneca yesterday,both Cayuga and Seneca were like glass as we drove by. Saw at least two riggs at T-Falls on Cayuga and one at Lodi Point on Seneca. Three in the launch area this morning at Lodi but none in eye sight from the park as I walked the dog. Looks nice down there now and may get out today if so I post later.

4-18-2008 - 3:30 pm

Carols brother showed up today to open up his trailer and his boys came over and asked to go fish'n......so off we went. Late start but a warm day to be on the water. We picked up three lakers and lost two. Boys landed them all and had a great time. They even let me put the fish in the boat with out any wawawa. Funny how kids can change in 6 months................ :lol:

Picked up one 25' down and 70' back , next one 80' down 15' back and the last one 72' down and 15' back. Small spoon sliver with small red and blue dots , sliver 10" BTI with a glow fly , white 10" BTI with a Lil boy blue fly also missed two more on this fly. Depth was around 85' to 120' with those two little guys jamming and asking LOTS of questions that's my best quess...... :shock: ............first time on the water this year and boat ran fine but one battery needs a charge but that's no biggie should be done now.

Good deal Jason hope you get it all done.

We got back out for a short time yesterday around 2:30 pm . Ran across lake and set up south of Severn. Picked up 4 lakers in about 1.5 hours of trolling when the oldest boy was not feeling to good so we pulled up and headed back in. Fish were from 20" - 25.5" pick up 2 down 72' back 15' on a white BTI and Radiant Ripper fly , one down 82' back 15' sliver BTI with Pearl Glow fly , one down 95' back 15' monkey puke BTI with a Kolbart Killer fly.Fished water from 102' to 160' they even let me reel one in................ :lol: ..............I'll add a few pictures later.

Copy2ofJyandJofishing029.jpg

Copyof100_0324.jpg

CopyofJyandJofishing026.jpg

Seneca Lodi Point 4-22-2008

Fished alone today

I had my two lines in the water at 1:15 pm first fish on at 1:35 pm and lost him behind the boat. 92' down back 15' Pearl Sguirrel BTI with Radiant Ripper fly. At 1:50 pm had a release on it again with no one home. I then dropped the other rig 10' down to 82'. At 2:09 pm landed one on the rigger 82' down 15' back with Monkey Puke BTI with a Kolbart Killer fly. 2:15 pm fish on this rigger again , 2:51 pm the 92' rigger fires , then at 3:11 pm the 82' ends the day with one realse with no one home in there some where. Fish were 20",22.5",24" and 24" I released the 20" and kept the rest for the smoker. I had to sit one of those BTI out and I guess I pick the right one for today. The surface temp was from 52* to 45* down temp at 72' and 82' was 42.5* zero wind to start with a light chop at 3ish out of the south west. Picked up fish in both directions north and south troll.

4-24-2008

Hoot hooked up with today me today around 1 ish and we came back in with a two man limit and put one back by 5:15 pm.You can take a good hour off the total time for launching/loading boat running three miles + run across and down lake and the 3 mile run back. We set up about a mile or more south of where we I fished with the boy on 4-19-2008. All lakers so I have more than enough for a full smoker. These were some NICE fish we had 3 doubles and the single was a 27 3/4" that went 6# 4 oz, next was 27.5" at 6# 2 oz , 26.5" 5# 14 oz , 26" at 5# 10 oz , 19" at 1# 10 oz and 18.5" at 1.5# the one we put back was a 20". Picked them up all on a north troll the first double was two small guys and I was meat fishing so we put them in the livewell right off. (Hoot HATES to throw the first fish back anyway he thinks it jinx ya...LOL). The first two came down 100' back 15' with a Pearl Squirrel BTI with Radiant Ripper fly and 92' back 10' with a Sliver Bullet BTI with Pearl Glow fly. These two rigs did it all today with the Pearl Squirrel BTI with Radiant Ripper fly got the two 6+ pounders. When we had 5 in the box we ran back thru the area we pick up the three bigger fish with out any luck on the south troll. We move out a little deeper and dropped those two rigger down to 115' and 105' at the top end and we were about to pull lines and we doubled up again. The Monkey Puke never took a fish but was the shallowest in the spread. The down temp was 40* with the surface at 42.5* a lot of colder water in this area today compared to a few days ago. We started out with almost zero wind that changed right after we landed the first two fish the wind then came out of the north with a good chop. Had to keep a good hand on the wheel while heading into the wind. We had quite a time getting that second double in as both of those fish were at the 6# mark.

We didn't have a very good day today only picked up two that never hit the boat just shook them off. Fish most of the same water we hit yesterday. The fish we did pick up were about a mile north of yesterday area. The Sliver Bullet with the BTI fly picked up both fish. I also had in the spread the Pearl Sq. with Radiant Ripper fly , King Purple Glow with a BTI fly and later on the Gold Bullet with Gold Bullet fly. I was running the King Purple Glow in the middle. When I finally dropped the Sliver Bullet down to 100' we picked up our first fish around 22"-24". I then pulled the King P and dropped the Sliver Bullet down the middle and put the Gold Bullet shallow on the out side. We picked up one more small one that went about 17" and quit for the day total time out was about 4 hours from 1 ish to 5ish to and from launch. Carol said I take the boys to all the good spots then when it's her turn I have them all fished out...............lol..........now on a side note a loon gave us a show that was hard to beat. He was splashing the water with his wing then would flip over on his back, dive come back uo and start all over again..........Is this how they got the name????...... :lol:

It's a down size from his 12" ...

B= Big

T= 10

I= Inch

In on picture above you can see one, it a rotating flasher that has a nice "kick" to it.

Made by Capt. John King.......if you do a search you can find his site or I can pm it to you if you want. :?:

I found it thanks. I notice he has the flashers labeled Starboard and Port. Do they kick out accordingly? Or do they just circle like a Pro-Troll flasher?

BTW-Picked up an 8 1/2 pounder Saturday morning. 88 FOW 80 down 10 back on a Green/Silver Pro-Troll with a Green G-Fly. Itr was short but Gerthy. Also picked up a smaller 4 #er to go 2/2 Sat AM

Nice fish !!

He made them with a diver program in mind, so yes they are made for that. I filp a coin for the middle rigger....lol.....when dropping them down on a diver they will pull some what away from the boat. You know how some of those finned attractors almost get you tangled up these drop down nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Lake George 4-9,10,11

Made our trip to Rogers Rock Campground on Lake George N.Y. fishing for lake trout was tough. Only picked up one per outing a 22" sub legal on the first day (23" legal size) 120' down 15' back on a yellow/green dodger and glow peanut. Ran the BTI's but could not get them lakers interested in the fly's. On the next outing we picked up a 26" laker going 5.5 pounds 45' down over 90' of water back 50' and a clean spoon sliver/orange stripe on both edges. We also picked up two smb on that spoon @ 13" and 16". The next outing we picked up one 23.25" laker 135' down on the same dodger combo above. Both times we had to bang the bottom with the rigger ball to wake them up. This was the best weather we had for this trip. Still lots of fun back at camp chatting with people you only get to see once a year at this meet of the NAFC.

• 4 weeks later...

Put in at 6ish fished south of the launch then worked north from there. Wind SW , surface temp 61* , 49* 50' down LOTS of floating weeds. Never picked any thing up till we wer north of the point then picked up two laker down 40' back 25' with a dodger fly rig both in a 100 yard area over 70' of water. That area seem to go dead so were worked above the next point again LOTS of floating weeds the wind changed out of the west so we ran straight across lake about a mile south of Long Point set up a trolled north. Picked up one laker and a landlock laker was on a spin-doctor with a big weeeine flyback 20' down 80' the landlock was down 20' back 60' on a clean stinger spoon not sure of the name but all the paint is gone off this one now and the other one is in bad shape ,by this time it was about 1:30 pm so we pulled lines and ran in. Laker were 21",25.5" and 28" , landlock was 18".

6-10-2008

We gave the west side a go today ran about three + miles south of the showboat area. Lots of bait like there was during the derby and same problem just could not get any thing to fire.After working the shoals for a while tried a hard west - to east troll and pick up first laker on a BTI pearl squirrel - with a blue ice glo-see-um fly back 10' and down 82' out over 160' FOW. Picked next one up a mono-diver rigg out 95' with a panther-martin lake troll and black spoon with scale tape on back sliver cup lost him at the boat.Diver fired again and lost that one. Then the deep rigger 82' down pops one again and we loose that one. Now the sky is getting a little darker so I put the weather channel on. Nothing new on there but the fish have shut down ...........then BOOM...........OK time to get off the water. When we pull back into the launch area the park guys tells us there is a severe weather warning out with possible tornados. I said well that great the radio didn't have that on there 30 minute or so ago, he said they just started it with the past few minutes. Anyway we got off and almost had the boat covered when it hit us.

6-10-2008

We had the lines in the water on the west side before 6:45 am. Wind out of the south with a good chop we had bait pods on the screen and very few ark of fish surface temp was 57.8*. I changed a my side of the boat out but Pete kept his stuff in the water. I finnaly picked up a 23" laker on a Michigan stinger tourney winner spoon 70' back 25' down. Hooked up again with this spoon and lost it. Then my rigger fired with a sliver bti with Pearl Glow fly back 15' down 92', we lost this one at the boat. Got it to fire again and landed a 25" laker for the 2nd one in the box, and fire later on one that I lost. Pete's diver fired two times mono rig back 110' with a panter martin lake troll and a spoon Pete had dotored up with tape. The first rip was hard heavy fish that came off , back thu area and it fired again but this time he get bit off or the gill plate on a pike sliced it. Last one for the box also came on the diver rig with a Michgan stinger spoon black with some pruble tape. We were 3 for 8 today........................................ wind changed direction 5 times we ended up about 4 mile north of where we started and the surface temp was 62* the down temp was up by + 7* the down speed was NUTS today never saw any thing like it. Most often when trolling north with the wind when you change and head south back thru the spot you just picked up a fish you have to bump up the the trolling motor to keep the same down speed...................not today it was the other way around !!!!!!!

6-10-2008

We went back out a little after 5:00 pm tonight with Tangledline from Sanders BB. We picked up two lakers and lost some thing on the rigger spoon combo that been so good and also lost one on the sliver bti-fly. The biggest was one at 27" which gave me my three fish limit for the day. That one came on the bti the other one on the dibsy rig and Pete's doctor up spoon..............Pete's came up with some good taped spoon over the winter that has worked well up here for trout. Tangledline landed the dispy fish so you know who lost the other one................ :lol: .................me and Pete.............................

Dave it was fun fishing with ya hope to do it again soon.............and welcome to this site.

6-14-2008

Brother Stan his dog King and I ran across the lake to just below Severn set up a 4 rod spread and trolled north. Light wind over cast and foggy surface temp at the start was 59* and 62* at about 2 miles south of Long Point. We picked up three laker 19"-20"-20" two on a mono diver rig back 80' with a small panter martin lake troll with a dirty white boy spoon 23" behind one over 45' FOW and the other one 65' FOW. The other fish was picked up on a rigger down 52' back 15' sliver BTI and Pearl Glow fly. The rain was ready to hit so we pulled up and headed in, we were NOT tearing them up anyway............. :lol:

6-15-2008

After a BIG breakfast Stan wanted to try for some more fish. Late start at about 11ish till 2ish only picked up one laker in the first 15 minutes down 20' back 60' over 45' FOW on a spoon black back with some craked ice tape on it and a sliver cup + a eye on the thin end. The sun was wicked hot with the surfac temp up to 65* and 49* down 50' very little wind. No Clue called me on the radio said he boxed one at 24" so he was off to a good start. Later on we gave the jiggig a go with maybe two hits and Stan jigged up a sawbelly............... :lol: