Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RUNNIN REBEL

Lake Ontario update

Generally the earliest amounts of shootable shore line "pass threws" happens around Halloween time. (Exception Brandt/puddleducks and geese.) The last week has provided many mergansers  and a few bufflehead and golden eyes.  On my pond watch every AM has the woodies are leaving day by day, but hooded merges. and geese (only 3 snows  mixed in ) are every where still. I am expecting to see the lake hunters on the shoreline very soon. Will post if I ever get out front lake hunting.

Jerry

4well the deep freeze we had brought the birds to big water, got to get out, temporarly grounded no truck.many lake shore spots posted now, need a good boat

Hunted the shoreline off wilson on Sunday- South wind- took 3 bufflehead drakes and let numerous merganser and goldeneyes land in the decoys to fly again. Off shore bird numbers were impressive- Saw bluebill, scooter,squaw, cans and piles of mallard and geese. What I wouldn't give to get out into 50' of water- endless birds flying aroundpost-154525-14169472602687_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United