My opening day 11/15/14 Whitetail Hunt

Jersey Len

I took this Buck in Delaware County in the Catskill Mountains, early Sat. Morning.  It was a one shot kill through the neck at 50 yards.

Conditions were perfect with two inches of fresh snow on the ground.  He is a seven point buck and dressed out at 185 lbs. This is the heavyest Whitetail Buck I ever shot. His antler spread was only 17 " .

Shoot Strait

Len

post-147210-0-87964000-1416341918_thumb.jpg

looks gnarly,,,,am i the only one who grinds that 15 to 20 lbs of neck meat?? I like the double lung shot my self...gives my inner beagle some fun tracking.and time for the heart to pump the blood outa the meat..good for you ...except the hard drag part..be carefull don't want "the big one" draggin out a deer..thanks for sharing.

I took this Buck in Delaware County in the Catskill Mountains, early Sat. Morning.  It was a one shot kill through the neck at 50 yards.

Conditions were perfect with two inches of fresh snow on the ground.  He is a seven point buck and dressed out at 185 lbs. This is the heavyest Whitetail Buck I ever shot. His antler spread was only 17 " .

Shoot Strait

Len

Nice deer Jersy L.  Did you have him aged?  Looks like an old warrior-gray/white face.  Maybe on the way down-hence the smaller rack verses body size.  Might want to grind that old boy into burger!