The launch at the river was closed today. They’re working on concrete below water level. As all four were closed off, headed to I-Bay. Another beautiful day on the water. Sunny with a very slight Easterly wind. Worked 6-12 up past shipbuilders and after getting snagged several times, headed out a little deeper. Lot of birds again at 40FOW. This time there was some bait there also and a few marks near the bottom. 39 F at 29 ft down. Unfortunately no takers. Zero, zilch, nada.

Channel at the turn is about 6Ft deep approximately 25 ft off the rocks along the west side.

Engine is definitely overcharging. Guess I’ll try to convince myself that’s a legitimate excuse for “skunk city.â€

I may be confused but an overcharge condition is generally a voltage regulator problem whereas a undercharge could be attributed to a stator problem....

at least in the automotive world.....

Bruce

aka "Throbbin Rod"

Bruce - That's what I thought too. Manual says all the engine has is a "stator" under the flywheel (alternator stator) and rectifier. (Diode) I put in the new rectifier & same problem. Did the ohm test on stator & it was reading 40-60 Ohms instead of going to infinity. Talked to mechanic at Ras & he basically said all rectifier did was convert AC to DC. I thought outboard stators were really robust beasties and he said they generally are except if you leave the outboard out in the hot sun & direct sunlight for a long time, then the insullation has a tendency to melt over time. Guess I'll park it in the shade from now on.

Moto - It was putting out 16.3 - 16.6v at idle yesterday. Solid 17 at some RPM.

Tom B.

(LongLine)