well im in deep dodo cause 2 guys wanted to go and i didnt reply (sorry)just needed a little buffy time before winter set back in. looked around the oak and didnt like the color tho the temp was good so i did my 10 mi run west ,slowed down to look and was overcome by a fresh hatch of bugs and green water at 8:00 am .for those intersted fresh hatch and green water spells cohos and or steelies.just got 2 nd line out before a 7lb scamania starts the areal dance with a jr t stick tequila color, it took me 15 min to get her in with several runs and jumps ,before i got it outa the net # 2 is ripping with a plump steelie keped that and 20 min later another scamania tailwalking all over the back of the boat bigger than the first let her go to spawn this summer .was getting ready to run to wilson when another steelie hit the top line lost that one ,decided to stick out where i was.set the riggers for the big boys and my chrome and green spinny with siggs aqua fly starts throbbing like a jackhammer it was so loud it woke me up in time to see it break off on my plainer line( i forgot to check the drag after taking up the rigger slack my bad) important lesson never go to sleep when fishing alone with a tight drag.the first scamania was full of bugs nothing else,the steelie had big bait in its gut.water was perfect color tho a little cold 41 on top.but when the hatch was happining so was the fishing .also lots of bait at 125 to150 ft down i was in 160 to 180fow with good marks above and mixed in with ocasional 60 ft marks thats where i had my rigger that fired.to the guys who wanted to go im sorry but basicly this is my 2nd spring fishing with serious attemps at the pond so i feel a little insecure about my spring program specially with the unfavorable winds latley.also the green water held up till i was 8mi outa the oak ,all hits on top with 1/2 to 1.25 oz keelsinkers 7 ft leaders all small stick baits on top,the only big stick was the T stick jr.

sorry no camera gotta get me a cheepie i can leave in my overnite bag,gotta couple of cell pics but there kinda poopy.as far as the dial thing it was more dumb luck and a huge flock of seagulls (eating bugs) that put me on those fish,once i got a taste of those bugs (everywhere breath through your nose) and saw the green water then the catching started

great job on the fish report from 10 minutes west of the oak. you didn't hear the banjo music comin from the marshal amps from there? the bugs were fleeing from the woods around LYNTUCKY :lol: Now if only summer will come back to get a new hatch, and a reason to stop playin the wango bang go :roll:

Nice job my friend. Glad I didn't make plans to head to your neck of the woods on Sunday to get the motor :( like I was gonna until you didn't return my call :x and I changed my plans to stay home with the Mrs.

Remember I'm never embar...ass..... ed about your spring fishing program:shock: :D

depends on how fast the velocity is. I was thinking you owned a Fountain cc :$ Well one of those would outrun the speed of the sound of banjos anywho and bugs..ouch..INCOMING...must get foil for scull, satellite waves...see ya!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

looks like i wasent to far of target for the big boys on that little honey hole i found west of the oak 10 miles (winning fish taken there ) thanks shirly and joe ,and all the captians from attheoak site you willingness to share info and locations have made it possable for us new guys to have great days on the lake other than my early trip to the bar this spring i havent been skunked on lake ontario for 5 years. that is a direct result of info shared on your site WWW.attheoak.com. that spot was hot last year also.