anyone know what this spoon is?

It is a spoon for jerking copper from the early 1900's. There is a more modern day spoon called Leather Stocking which resembles it but if you look at the swivel that is real "old school" I am pretty sure it is one of the old "Geneva spoons" 

Here are some others: (the one by itself at the top is a Leather Stocking spoon. The remainder are Geneva Spoons my grandfather used pulling copper from a row boat on Seneca Lake back just after the turn of the century  (about 1910 or so) and he lived in Geneva. You'll note that they used a number of ways to attach the hook back then (rivets, solder etc) on the second pic of the undersides. The Geneva spoons are true collectors items and may be quite valuable and rare. A couple of mine have been altered slightly (split ring and swivel etc.) because I used them to pull copper in the National Trout Derby awhile back to honor my grandfathers memory. I didn't leave it on long as I was concerned about losing it (sentimental value) he died a couple years before I was born.

post-145411-0-13760000-1423516610_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-65479200-1423516624_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Mike I am pretty sure that the Geneva spoons preceeded the MIller's and the swivel is definitely from real  early on and I had one of those heart shaped ones too but I'm unable to find it so I'm pretty sure.

Edited by Sk8man

Mike I am pretty sure that the Geneva spoons preceeded the MIller's and the swivel is definitely from real  early on and I had one of those heart shaped ones too but I'm unable to find it so I'm pretty sure

Les, I do believe I included a new "Geneva" spoon in your "Christmas" bag.  I have several, even the old Geneva card they were sold on.  Not sure if I picked them up at a yard sale or perhaps were  mixed in with a bunch of the old "Pine Valley" stuff I got.

The remainder are Geneva Spoons my grandfather used pulling copper from a row boat on Seneca Lake back just after the turn of the century  (about 1910 or so) and he lived in Geneva.

Now you're showing your age.  The turn of the century is 2000.  I know the feeling.  :)