Can't wait to go fishing....

kasolar

I am semi retired but older I am get it ,  getting in fishing more and more. Different options fresh and salt water  , shore and boat, even ice fishing.  Hard to beat Salmon river  in fall. 

I have a 21 1/2" pocket cruiser. I live now in Stamford CT and enjoying benefits of Long Island fishing.   Want to try this year spring trout  on Ontario lake.  May be somewhere from Mexico bay ?

Any suggestions ? Will be greatly appreciated. 

post-157579-0-38989100-1426100941_thumb.jpg

welcome aboard,we fish out of the little salmon river in mexico bay.there is a nice boat ramp at mexico point state park at the end of the river.good place to start trolling for browns.i would be glad to help you get started and answer any questions you have.good luck!!!

Great !  I've heard so much about spring trout on Ontario and was planing few years to come over, but never happened.  Will give a shot this year.. As I know the best time  is 2-3 week of April, as soon as water get clean from ice. Is it correct?  How is the ice this year? May be even thicker then normal ?  Last fall we fish couple times on Salmon river- big fun !!!

we will have to see what mother nature brings the next couple of weeks.more towards may might be more realistic this year.spring browns are a great way to cut your teeth on trolling lake o.they are fairly easy to find in the spring and you dont need a ton of tackle to get started.once you fish the lake,you wont want to fish the river!!!!!!

Fishing on Salmon  river make me jealous guys who lives near by and can come over as much as they wanted.    Unfortunately I am about  5 hours away from Ontario and it is not easy to bring boat all away up. That is why I try to pick a right time for trip.  Rest of the season I dock my boat on Long Island sound.  Better then Hudson river. If you ever get a chance be in area I will be happy to take you around.

Eugene 

Jason,

I believe spring fishing is different then traditional trolling.  Do I need downrigger , some type of diver or just diving tackle with planing board ?  Is breaded 30 lb line with fluorocarbon leader will work?

post-157579-0-11296600-1426549785_thumb.jpg