Trolled from hughes to ginna and part way back (630-1230) w insuffishent.. browns, skippys, bow, laker, coho, and a smallmouth all boated. went roughly 25/35. biggest was10#. early bite was negative for us... 2 were break offs... vanish line= vanished lure, fish, and money from wallet to replace! Seaguar on everything now. black silver/ black white sticks were best as was jointed in natural finish. good over all trip but wish i got into the king frenzy to the west!

12 lb Trilene XL green on my leaders.  IMO the green mono is less visible in bright light as fluoro is shinny.  If I can see it the fish can see it so I don't buy into the "invisible" line baloney.  When I fish for upland trout with 3lb fluoro leaders I still can see it when the sun is high.  With the exception of heavy flasher/fly leaders.....you don't need fluorocarbon.

I agree with  you regarding the invisibility BS but have a different take on the use of mono vs. fluoro. I prefer the 10 or 12 lb. fluoro for my leaders on downriggers, toplines, and from dipseys with spoons/sticks but I use 50 lb mono on my flies and dipsey/fly setups because with the former setups I want the stiffness and lack of stretch for better hookups and with the latter I want a little stretch for shock absorption from hard hits and the diameter issue isn't a big factor down deep. Just a different way of looking at things but I do think the "invisibility" issue is totally a marketing strategy. How many fish do you think they got to report that they could or couldn't see the line? :lol:

FLX Troller- great job

You asked on another thread how far the Kings where.....15 to 35 fow they where down by west side of ginna also on bottom with a few here and there suspended.

Edited by KING ME