Lowrance elite series frequency

I have been trying to find info on transducer capabilities for Lowrance Elite series (namely the 7 and 9). Does the head unit come specifically programmed to read only certain frequencies? The example being if I buy the one that comes with an 83/200 transducer, would an aftermarket 50/200 transducer work with it?

Lowrance has a pretty good rebate on the Elite-9's right now and I wanted to take advantage of it. ($300 off!)

Thanks!

I have the elite 7 DSI . My options were 83-200 or 50/200, I chose the 50/200 transducer and in the settings on the unit you can select the transducer .

Not sure what you mean by aftermarket but in the instruction manual it says you must have the blue connections in order for the down scan to work . If you use the standard " black " connections the unit will work as normal imaging but the downscan DSI feature will not.

I don't think it matters what size transducer you have because you can select that on the unit screen.

If you go to the lowrance website you can download the manuals .

I love my elite 7 DSI , great unit for the price .

Hope this helps.

Rich S

I have the elite 7 DSI . My options were 83-200 or 50/200, I chose the 50/200 transducer and in the settings on the unit you can select the transducer .

Not sure what you mean by aftermarket but in the instruction manual it says you must have the blue connections in order for the down scan to work . If you use the standard " black " connections the unit will work as normal imaging but the downscan DSI feature will not.

I don't think it matters what size transducer you have because you can select that on the unit screen.

If you go to the lowrance website you can download the manuals .

I love my elite 7 DSI , great unit for the price .

Hope this helps.

Rich S

Helps a lot! By aftermarket, I was thinking Airmar or Navico.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cool. Just make sure the connections ( pins ) are compatible with the unit.

One thing I learned is don't connect the power source to the unit from the main starting battery . For some reason the surge in starting the engine shuts the unit off and it takes about a min- min 1/2 to reboot.

Connect the power to the aux battery and there is no issue

The Elite9 Chirp comes with a 83/200/455/800 or a 50/200/455/800.

For the inland water the 83/200/455/800 is perfect and you will be able to "Chirp" at Meium and High frequency. That $300 rebate is excellent and you will be getting a super unit.

Ther model# you need is: 000-12181-001

Great infos right here: http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Fishfinder-Chartplotter/Elite-9-CHIRP-en-us.aspx

There is a lot of improvements on the Elite series with the software version 4.0 so be sure youre running the latest version. It will be on the bx cover. If not do yourself a favor and install it.

Edited by wallyandre

Thanks for the info! I have the 83/200/455/800 transducer for my 7 with the blue connector. I am thinking of using the 7 as my gps and getting the 9 as a standalone sounder. The connectors being similar is a definite win. With an Airmar or Navico, I am thinking the unit will be phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app