lead core off the boards

yes, most people who look for a good lead or copper program off the boards will have in there arsonal several rods preloaded with 3 color,5 color 7color with lead.or 75ft ,150ft,300ft,with copper to achive there target depths.many have posted to halfhitch a rubberband to the leadcore and attach rubberband to release.junklines as they are refered to by most (lead,copper) have there time and place in the spread but can be a little time consuming and messy (tangles) if your not careful .i like my 7 color with a coho rig in the spring ,or a stickbait when way offshore(7mi+) in the summer for steelies.a simpler methoud is the keel sinker program then you dont need to buy or store any additional rods and reels that is a problem for smaller boats like mine and a small budget .Ray K.

NO IT WONT! A lot of people say it will, but I know plenty of guys who do it and it wont hur tit. Use a pinch pad type release. As light as conidtions will alow. Same goes for your copper. Only issue you will run into is the line going from your rod tip to the release will slap the water.

Its ok Ray Ray! Sorry to cut you short today. I had my uncle matting for me and I needed to keep an eye on the rods and the boat. I tried callin you yesterday on the water, but never raised ya.

ill get over it was calling about that school of steelies we hit friday afternoon.and the pink stickbait they were hitting ,we had a emergency fri and had to come home,also those marks on the bottom turned out to be kings not lakers we put stuff in there face on the bottom and they fell for it

You weren't the only boat to find that school of Steelies, but when I went there on Sunday they were gone. I pulled a teenager off the bottom in 150 yesterday. And I saw them on the bottom in 230 the rest of the weekend when the bite died. You can bet your arse I will have 24lb stinger weights on the boat the rest of the year!

as you know im a little wet behind the ears in the spring stuff but last year the cohos were just to the leading edge of the green water that would put them about 5 miles east of olcott if i had to guess from my couch. big jobs all week no time to play ,ill save up for the weekend when i'll become a bass fisherman,striped bass on the hudson... if all goes as planned.

no to the long rods (8.6),i bougth a set of 8 couple years ago and there in the basement 7 or 7.6 are my prefered poles. i have a bunch of 7ft 15lb test leaders wraped on a empty line spool ready to go .as for depth to many factors,line dia ,speed ,lure drag,line out drag,never really tried to find a formula but i think i read a 10color spoon of lead weighs 1lb and that will get you to 55ftish but there is a lot of line drag there .my guess using line angle above water and distance from rod tip to entry point at surface .i figure 15 for the 1.24 and 25ft for2.25 if the 1.25 is working then ill change up to that weight ,but as a general rule this is a topwater setup and when fish are on top 35 ft of water i dont think they stratify at 20 ft but are all over up and down searching in the upper water colum,unless there is a hatch then (most) are on top though most are the smaller 5 to10lb steelies if you want the bigger steelies and cohos keep 1- 2.25 oz on the outside (i know heavyest to the inside) if it is a big boy it will have that lead flying outa the water faster than it can trip the release,heck the smaller ones will have it flying before you can grab a rod.P.S. never put lead in a release (dont tel yankee i said this)