Depth raider fuse?

My fuse went on my depth raider power cable. It's a 1amp glass fuse, problem is that all the automotive fuses are an 1/8"-1/4" too long to close the fuse holder.

Anyone know where to get a shorter fuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'd be careful with that substitution as some fuses for electronics are "slow blow" type which is a different type of fuse.

Well I fixed my issue so I'll answer a couple questions from above in case anyone gets into the same situation.

The fuse is a 1 amp glass fuse however the normal 1-1/4" glass fuses that you find at auto parts stores would not allow the spring loaded holder to close. I made it work (it will turn on and functioned) with a 1-1/4" 1 amp automotive fuse but I had to run electrical tape around the fuse holder to maintain the contact points. I didn't like the jury rig so I did some searching and then I asked the question on here.

Today as it happens, I hit the new Runnings store in clay for the first time and low and behold they had a huge assortment of fuses including 1amp fuses made by battery doctor. The markings on the fuse are F1AL-250V. These measure 1-1/8" overall and are exactly what came out of the unit. Came in a pack of 5 for $2 so I have some extras as well.

Thanks for the input and if anyone else breaks a fuse now we know where to find the replacements.

Jason Henderson

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for the feedback and glad you found the correct replacement .

I also did some research about fast and slow blowing fuses. It didn't seem right that an electronic device would have a slow burn fuse .

The letter F on the fuse represents fast and the letter T means timed ( slow )

Electronics should have a fast blow. A , T ( timed ) means it will allow for a higher amp then rated at a timed length before it blows, which could allow for an over power to the unit and cause damage