Humminbird Screen Shots

Hey Yankee Troller, would you mind explaining what the marks are on the screens?  I think the straight horizontal lines are your downrigger balls, correct?  And I know the arcs are fish and the big red ball on the 3rd screen is a school of bait, I believe.  Being able to read the fish finder better is one thing that I'd really like to be able to do to help my fishing.  What do the different colors represent, is that based on the density of whatever that particular material is?

Thanks!

Hey Yankee Troller, would you mind explaining what the marks are on the screens?  I think the straight horizontal lines are your downrigger balls, correct?  And I know the arcs are fish and the big red ball on the 3rd screen is a school of bait, I believe.  Being able to read the fish finder better is one thing that I'd really like to be able to do to help my fishing.  What do the different colors represent, is that based on the density of whatever that particular material is?

Thanks!

You are correct sir the straight horizontal lines are the downrigger balls. When a fish is red, or whatever is the strongest color return on the color palette you have set up, it means the fish is in the center of the cone that the transducer is putting out. The blue streaks are the fish moving through the gear. There are a couple of great videos you should watch that go into great detail about how sonar works.

Sweet man what is the difference between the omnix series vs the 8,9,11 series humminbirds

You gain a lot more functionality, a little better networking ability, and a higher screen resolution.