Splicing a cable on Fish Hawk Transducer

Does anyone know if it is possible to splice a Fishhawk X4D transducer cable back together?  I bought a used X4-D from a guy and he cut the transducer cable when he took it off his boat.  I got it cheap enough so I can afford to buy a new one, but it would be nice to save the $200.00 for a new one if it could be put back together with crimp connectors and heat shrink tubing.  I'm wondering if there would be any interference issue since it is a shielded cable.

Dont crimp. Will add resistance. Solder them together with a tight shrink wrap. If you have room. Stagger the joints so they do not align in the loom. Good luck. There's a nice repair guide on sonar and alike components if you Google it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Dont crimp. Will add resistance. Solder them together with a tight shrink wrap. If you have room. Stagger the joints so they do not align in the loom. Good luck. There's a nice repair guide on sonar and alike components if you Google it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

X 2 - make sure you " tin " the ends good and get some solid twists of the cables together before soldering. Also make sure the shrink wrap covers an 1/8" on each end

If you go to like radio shack, they make all different grade solders and diameters I got real small diameter solder to do solder joints that open up on alternators, I use a resistance soldering unit, gets hot fast, if you don't want the solder to creep up the wire use a needle nose vise grip and clamp on just above the joint you are soldering, this will stop the solder from running up the wire, if you use a gun or a iron.

I just finished up slicing the cables. I soldered all of the connections like you guys recommended. I used small heat shrink tubing over all of the individual wire connections and then I put a piece of heavy duty heat shrink over the entire set of connections. I think everything is good and water

tight. Now I've got to get it out on the water to test it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app