Saturday May 17th - Rochester report

Fished this morning from 5:30 AM to 9 AM - had to pull out at 9, b/c my brother-in-law got seasick...

Set up in front of the river and fished a NW troll to the power plant and then we headed north. Started in 70 fow and ended up in 120 fow.

Went 10 for 11 --- 2 small kings (7 and 10#), 2 steelies, 2 coho, and 4 skippers. At one point we had a triple.

The best bite was on a black silver streak SS and NK28 spoon, but we also had hits on an orange crush, 42 second, 5 of diamonds, glow frog (white back), and an NBK. Most hits were on leadcore (3,5 and a ten color), but only one rigger bite. Speed 2.4-2.6 at the ball...

I would like to offer a special thanks to Bruce Bolger (aka Throbbin Rod). I met him yesterday at Mayer's and he gave me a ton of pointers - especially advice on fishing in front of Russell station. It's great when fellow fisherman will share their expertiece with others. Thanks again Bruce!!!!

aw shucks.... I was just trying to keep y'all away from mine and mark's honey hole.....

seriously, i'm glad to hear it worked out.... we are head out at o'dark thirty if we get home before then, stacey picked out some new spoons to try out and he usually pick good'uns....hear you on 08... we will be the ones with bloody mary's in one hand and rod in the other....

bruce

aka Throbbin Rod