FISH USA-OKUMA PRESPOOLED WIRE

I WAS LOOKING AT OKUMA LINE COUNTERS PRESPOOLED WITH WIRE, I FOUND FISH USA HAD ONE SPOOLED WITH A THOUSAND FEET

AND BACKING AT $119.OO,THERE RUNNING SPECIALS RIGHT NOW ON OTHER REELS TO.IVE DONE A LOT OF BUSINESS WITH THEM AND

I USUALLY HAVE MY STUFF WITHIN A COUPLE DAYS,GREAT TO WORK WITH TO,THEY ANSWER YOUR PHONE AND GIVE YOU ANSWERS.

FIGURED SOMEONE IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A DEAL AND THAT WAS THE CHEAPEST I COULD FIND ON LINE.

I bought two of these this year and both had spooling issues.  The first we were able to to fix but the second one had the first 20 yards bound all they way down to the backing and ending up being a total waste.  Fish USA did stand behind the one reel by offering to either refund the reel or send me a 1000 feet of Malin wire for me to spool.  It's a great deal but be aware that the deal is only good as the employee spooling the wire. 

The wire when I bought was American Fishing Wire but replaced with Malin as mentioned above.

Edited by pvelyk

I didn't have any problems with it so far, its on the rod but hasn't been in the water yet, we will see. Yes it is American wire smoke color, my first experience with wire, after pricing out the reels every where and the cost of wire and the time to spool it correctly I couldn't go wrong with that price and I had every thing

on my porch in two days. I know I will have to spool my own at some time but I just wanted to get it and get it out there, then of course the weather put a stop to that. :(

The original price week before last week was $139.00 this morning its still at $119.00 and that's on a OKUMA CV30D

• 2 weeks later...

I bought that real/wire set up. I have had no problems. I thought it was a good deal. The only thing I didn't like was the drag. Drag is tough to get set where I wanted it.