Has anyone upgraded their Moor Sub-Troll antenna to the "Special" antenna?

Misty IV

The antenna for my Moor Sub-Troll snapped off and obviously need to replace it. I'm talking about the part that looks like a spring through which the downrigger cable runs.

While on Moor's website, I saw they offer a "special" antenna which looks like a metal tube, through which the cable runs, and this attaches to the downrigger boom with wire ties. This seems much sturdier than the spring assembly and wanted to see if anyone has upgraded to this type of antenna and what your thoughts are on it before I make a decision. Thanks! 

88088020S.JPG

I used it before I switched to a fish hawk for my depth raider. It did make a difference, but Scotty makes a stainless steel contact sleeve just like in the photo you have for like 10-15$ and I just cut and spliced the terminal end with heat shrink.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Interesting. Yes, I just found the sleeve on Fish307 without any cable. My antenna wire snapped off right at the heat shrink on the cable end and I don't have a lot of wire available to splice into. Thanks for the tip and info that that sleeve is available as a separate item.

Sent from my XT1060 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Using the Scotty sleeve on my depth raider - put wire on end where spring had broken off. Like the Scotty better than the torpedo antenna I had been using.

Thanks everyone. I just ordered the Scotty sleeve along with some other parts from Fish307. For the cost, it's a no brainer.

Sent from my XT1060 using Lake Ontario United mobile app