Billy V Report - May24th - Fair Haven

In a word...SLOW. We had fantastic color and temp in tight but after 2 hours of trolling in that great looking water we hadn't moved a rod. So I made the decision to head out in search of silver fish and within 15 minutes of turning us out we were rewarded with the biggest fish we've taken so far this year:

JohnsonMay242008002-1.jpg

Check out the LOU Shirt!! NICE!!!!

The King weighed in at 16 lbs and took a Northern King seasick waddler fished down 25' off of a rigger. We had the spoon stretched back 50' and we were pulling 2.2mph out over 70FOW. The fish really put up a great fight and we had quite the time bringing him to net. Kudos to everyone on board for pitching in to help land the fish.

JohnsonMay242008003.jpg

We worked our way out as far as 200 FOW and we found a small pocket of water out over 170 FOW that held some fish and we looped it for most of the rest of the day and that's where we managed to take this small King. While we were out over 170FOW we had a new Siggs Rigs Glitter Glow Pulse fly/Green Spinny fire twice while fished behind a wire diver out 180'.

JohnsonMay242008005.jpg

JohnsonMay242008004.jpg

It didn't sound like anyone in Fair Haven set the world on fire on Saturday as we listened to the vhf, and we confirmed that back at the dock. :(

I sure wish the catching had been better, but the fishing with a couple of LOU members was a lot of fun and I was happy to at least put that nice King in the boat.

I forgot to add that we experimented with the new Chamberlain's release over the weekend, and we're really impressed with it! We had the horizontal adjustment set real light and were still able to crank the rod tip all the way down to the water. It's a very slick release!!

front_package.jpg

Thanks for the report, nice fish, We will be out next wednesday at the anchor resort for four days, cant wait.

We did 30 landlocked salmon this weekend on champlain that was a blast.

and one nice brown. salmon were 17-21 inch