Good flush mount holders for gimbal mount?

I'm looking for a good option for a flush rod holder to put a gimbal mount downrigger.  

Just got a boat and it came with Big Jons on gimbal mounts.  Playing with it in the driveway and managed to break off the anti-rotate pin in the bottom of the plastic rod holders that came with it so I need something stronger.  Looking for suggestions that won't break the bank, the swmbo is not going to be a fan of spending more money after what we paid for the boat.   

Bloody hell.  So much for not breaking the bank.  

What do you think of these?  

http://smile.amazon.com/Amarine-made-Stainless-Deluxe-Holders-Fishing/dp/B00ETJD6BI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1439913493&sr=8-4&keywords=stainless+steel+flush+mount+rod+holder

Would they be serviceable if I fabbed my own backing plates and through bolted them?  

I think this could be a situation where you may get what you pay for price-wise. I have 4  of the Boston Whaler models but they are made by Perko and they have held up perfectly during the past 13 seasons. They are polished stainless and I think run about $120 each. .....but then again what are your downriggers worth to you? I can run my wire dipseys from them and even two 15 ft outriggers as well as the cannon extendable boom downriggers.

Edited by Sk8man

My boat has perko flush mounts as well. They worked great until I mounted my new scotty's to them and started running 20 pound weights. I then found out that the factory didn't install a backing plate... so I change my mounting of my riggers and can say that he rod holders were not the problem it was the lack of a backing plate.

• 4 weeks later...