copper reel

I am looking to buy a reel for copper wire. I already have a spool of 600' of 30lb stranded copper and a 300 yd roll of 50lb power pro for backing, is there a line counter reel out there that wont break the bank or should I just get a regular reel and mark the wire with heat shrink? What capacity reel do I need for this set up any suggestions would be appreciated. One more question how much of the 600' of wire would you put on it 300' or 400' I am not sure? I probable will run it down the shoot or off a board with a rubber band release. Sorry about all the questions!

Gene - most guys are running the 45lb copper and not the 30lb. However, with 600ft of copper and your backing the only reel I know of is the Penn 345GTI. From the looks of A-TOM-MIK's website these reels are becoming very hard to get your hands on.

Marking the copper every 50' is gonna be the way to go. I have a linecounter for my core rods and since linecounters are dependent upon spool roation a full spool of copper will read a foot diferent from a half spool. When you mark it with tape or tubbing make sure its a solid job. My markings are moving all over the place, and it didnt take long for them to get this way. Im still trying to figure out when I want to unwind 600' and remark it!