Sodus Bay fishing.

If mid to late September there may be salmon right in the bay itself and it can become pretty much like Spring fishing for them and a few browns mixed in but there are also perch bluegills, bass and pike in there. I 'd get a good map of the bay with depth information and scope things out. The south end of the bay toward the middle as it becomes very shallow has a lot of panfish and pike and there are often perch in between Eagle and Newark Island right where it drops off to about 15 to17 ft of so. The bay fishing used to be a lot better when there were many more grass beds and before the zebras and all the other crap. Once the channel traffic dies down the area around the channel buoys at the north end near the inside of the channel can be good for perch. There is often good bass fishing near the Shaker Heights area and along the east shore of Thornton Point and sometimes the deeper water ((e.g. 30-40ft) in the center of the bay has nice smallmouth if you can locate them suspended there. I know some folks may be thinking that this info should have been in a PM but I don't think hoards of folks will be flocking there just to fish in the bay at that time of the year :lol: 

Thanks Slimane you've given me a lot of good info lately I appreciate it. Joined not long ago and upgraded not sure how everything works yet. Will be contacting Arney's today for a slip for September. Thanks again. Pm?

You're very welcome Artemas. A PM is a  Private  Message here which is a way to privately communicate information that is not intended for public display (doesn't appear in a posting). It is found at the upper left hand part of the page where it says "Private Messages"