otisco walleye stocking program info

justtracytrolling

Went back to the spot i got the little guys last week and they were gone but i found a similar school or the same one about two miles down lake in an identical spot and caught 1 little one again first pass and then left em alone. Caught a 17" eye too in another spot too. Im seeing FAR less big fish than ever but FAR more little guys. Prior to the 5yr experimental stocking program that ended in 2013 there was a 2-3 year stretch with no stocking and those are the fish we are missing. The big fish that are left from years before that stocking gap are nearly gone.

Ron,

I think we are on the same page or at least the same chapter!

Old Man,

The baby tigers have done better by far this year and they are a bit bigger than past years. They are now down in the weeds for the most part and the weeds are ridiculous!

Connor,

I agree, but it excites me to be able to find little guys! Im an optimist i guess. I realize unexplained fish are inevitable...a fellow camper caught a 28" rainbow and im sure the state didnt intentionally stock it.

Jeff,

The tigers are every year.

Ron.

From 09 thru 13 about 50000 of the 50 day fingerlings were stocked annually. Currently we get them every other year. Prior to 09 they stocked bigger fingerlings but lost half the fish when the diets were converted from pellets to minnows after 50 days.