Seneca help

Anyone got the water temps? Girl friend said she saw a big silver fish jump next to shore in Geneva. Lol pack the boat up let's go. :)

55-56 on top with a funky current headed south...

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

FLTA tourney today 15 or so boats, Only two bows weighed in! We fished around Glenora and found 38.5 degree water on top just North of there, every where else was 52. We caught one short salmon and had a good one on briefly on the rigger. Toughest fishing I have ever seen on that lake.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just got off the north end... nadda bite from 10fow out to 130ft. Fished boards with spoon and stick baits over 40fow marked a few fish. Got to the drop off and nothing unless your out in 130fow.

Going to throw the towel in on Seneca till something starts happening.

Edited by FishingTheFL

Decent number Lakers tight to bottom north of Long Point at 75 to 110 fow drop off. Spent most of my time in shallow water after pike. Nothing doing. Just do not seem to be able to get pike to cooperate this year. Bummer.

Thanks FTF. Really zeroing in on area north of Long Point, I line up with the Navy research vessel and cream colored mc mansion on the west shore. Say on the pike action near Lodi. How do you keep your Husky Jerks from fouling up with weeds? Do you only fish it in the top 2 feet of water maybe?

6 lb. line for pike sounds light even with a leader.  I like using 10-15 lb. braid.  Can still cast pretty far.  Fish over the weeds or just outside the weedline. 

Good luck Al!  Have your tried the weedbeds near Sampson?   

Tis very light. I usually peel 10 foot off every 2 or 3 fish. I'll lose one now and then but hey that's fishing... I always stop the lure for couple seconds before lifting out of the water. I've caught them right at the boat.

Going to try jigging over on the west side where th Lakers were... if it isn't 3ft waves again lol

Thanks FTF. I had luck jigging with white tube. Yes Alec. I have tried Sampson 4 or 5 times this year with no luck. Going to hit Keuka tomorrow to see if Lakers are hungry yet. If they are would you want to try some jigging next week if weather is fishable ? I will be hitting deer woods after that so may not be fishing for a while if deer are uncooperative.