Seneca help

GUFF.....I was with you on the Arm Tuesday with my wife. We did OK as well. I think you were kindly giving us the hint with a finger point to the bottom. We tried the Bluff for a bit , but returned for better fishing.  We wished we had stopped to say hello......NEXT TIME FOR SURE  ! See you next week in our SEA NYMPH. DAVE

Hi dtd - yes that was me Tuesday. Sounds like you found a good spot too. Planned on going out with my son this am but 24 degrees is a little much. Probably go out when temp over 32 . Plan on trip with hermit next week but have not figured which day yet. Note that I will be in red Lund then. Had my black Alumacraft out Tuesday to make sure it was running well (which it was) because I am trying to sell it(on LOU). Maybe Will see you out there. Sounds like some nice temps coming up.

We will be about in the cream Sea Nymph Monday for sure with this Indian summer...WOW....and if I had a room down there, somewhere over the garage, I'd stay the whole week !! I need my son-in-law to retire, but he may be able to get away this week. Good luck and too with your boat sale.....looks like the perfect starter rig to me.

Dave

Saturday morning bite on Keuka north was not a repeat of last Tuesday. Got 3 before noon but very slow. My son said he was happy though (he got 2 of them) because we did not end up with a skunk in the boat. Really trying to sway him with good fishing, deer success (start next weekend), and beautiful Finger Lakes hill sides because he and his new wife will be making a long term decision as to where they will settle down within the next few months. A little fly in the ointment is that Kit (his new wife) is not overly fond of cold weather. 24 degrees yesterday morning was probably not a positive thing. Am keeping our fingers crossed. Maybe 60 -70 degree weather next week will help.

• 2 weeks later...

Cutting out? Power or transducer feed? If it's transducer not reading bottom, might be the depth your running. I find every now and then mine will just stop reading bottom... probably where the legend of the bottomless lake come from when it's probably just a delay in read... found spot where it goes from 200 feet to over 400 ft almost instantly... I'm not sure...

I read an article or two about how they can shut down for a whole year... I imagine not all of them are fasting... but I compared the laker to the salmon... laker was emaciated...

post-158349-0-21881400-1447326691_thumb.jpg

Edited by FishingTheFL

Hey Mike you keep that up and you'll need a longer cooler pretty soon :lol: One of the ways to tell if a laker  is severely undernourished is to look at the size proportion of his head to his body.  The head will appear much larger than normal in proportion to the body. That one from the pic at least may be only mildly malnourished.

Not sure on my fish finder it works good every now and then, then out of the blue if I'm over 100fow or any depth it will just blink and read 0fow then will pick right back up at the correct depth I'm going to try and switch my wiring harness out to a heavier gauge wire to see if I'm not getting the correct power or my old harness might be bad. Congrats your doing better than I am I got the one brown on cann. So far and hooked 2 other browns that broke my leaders at the boat not doing so hot this year lol

Not sure on my fish finder it works good every now and then, then out of the blue if I'm over 100fow or any depth it will just blink and read 0fow then will pick right back up at the correct depth I'm going to try and switch my wiring harness out to a heavier gauge wire to see if I'm not getting the correct power or my old harness might be bad. Congrats your doing better than I am I got the one brown on cann. So far and hooked 2 other browns that broke my leaders at the boat not doing so hot this year lol

Sounds like transducer , or transducer setting. Ive had a number of units do that over the years. With HmmingBird only it was setings and worst case transducer getting ready to fail.

My older Raymerines did it and so times a false bottom reading. That will drive you crazy. If you are running more stuff in the water , two depthfinders or X4 that has caused it for me at times also.

Lol I'm not looking forward to it if it's the transducer I don't have $200 to throw at it I'm going to start with the wires but I think you right I think I have a bad cell in my 1 battery cause I charged it all night went to use my trolling motor and the gauge on my trolling motor was at 40% so I think I have it narrowed down and its time for new batteries in my eyes its been 4years of hard use in the heat and super cold

Between my dump trailer, boat motor, trolling batteries... something is always charging. Cold killed my main battery so I switched to my trolling motor... that I don't really use... but I noticed my stuff ran better... less issues, ran it about half throttle and it was still reading depth. I still think the kids messed my transducer up leaving it out of water on...and that's why I can't see as many baits schools... sucks but oh well, knowing the depth is good enough. For my first year I'm learning a lot and getting success. Gotta go hit Sutton up for more spoons.