Skinny Buck.....Looking Better Now

choo-choo

You may remember my post last month about the concern I had for a young 7 pt. buck with his thin hind end, neck, and his ribs showing despite all the food available in and around my yard this spring and summer. I took the pictures of him in my original post the first week of September. Well, just a few hours ago in a light rain shower just before dark, I took a few more pictures of him to share with you guy's.

Adk1 , Momay4000, Tile Man Dan and WW IV, you guy's were right on the money saying he will be fine....I really didn't think so. But I have been seeing him on and off these last 7 weeks and sure enough, little by little, he has been filling in nicely.

Sept.3

P1010470.jpg

P1010472.jpg

This afternoon

P1010588.jpg

P1010574.jpg

P1010576.jpg

P1010583_1.jpg

How's he looking ?

Edited by choo-choo

O'l mama nature has a way of healing her babies, I have seen this more than once. This is a perfect example of this bucks will power to survive. Nice to see. Thanks for sharing.

Those are some really high quality photos. You will always know it's him by the white mark on his front right leg. He definitely put on some acorn weight. Also his winter coat looks perfect too, pretty deer. Anyone else think it's a two year old? His nose is really long.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app