new guy

Rocket, My word of advice and please take it as such, is first and foremost use ALL caution and put safety first. PERIOD- I cut my teeth on the Great Lakes in a 16' and as well have 2 daughters. Who I just saw the oldest graduate the other night as Salutatorian of her class. Point being, all the fish in all the Great Lakes are not worth losing a life over. These are big bodies of water that can and do turn nasty rather quickly. They can be greatly enjoyed, but must be at all times respected. Best of luck in this new sport of yours'. -

You are on the right site. These guys have a lot of experience on Ontario and are always willing to help. My advise is get yourself a good VHF radio. Most LOU members are on 68 but each time ya get ready to go out post a message and ask whos fishing where you are. They will talk to you and help if you need it. Keep you eyes on the weather. There are a lot of web sites to keep you updated on water conditions. Good luck and fish safe.

Rocket, most of the small boats don't come with a bilge pump, if you don't have one put one in there cheep and easy to install. It would help if you have an electric start motor and bat. to run it. If it gets rough and you start taking on water it can shift around enough to tip you over. Also if it looks like you can't make it back to port don't be afraid to run the boat up on shore if it gets real bad. Better safe than sorry. keep an eye on the weather on a cloudy day a thunder storm can sneak up on you. Be safe

Ive been doing the great lake's awhile now .Im not a Pro but 14ft is pretty small for rough water be careful ....and be safe ...watch the weather it really can change quick ...been there done that , hate to see ya in a bad circumstance !!!

Fish on!